Work in progress at Meyer & Mortimer
Last week it was time for the first fitting of a new suit being made for me by Savile Row tailors Meyer & Mortimer. It’s coming along very nicely.
Working with cutter Fred Neiddu, I have decided to go for quite wide trousers, after the style of the Duke of Windsor.
I am using a bold Liberty print Tana Lawn cotton fabric for my lining rather than the usual silk or satin.
At this stage, you can see the amount of handwork work that goes on inside a bespoke suit.
The trousers will have a button fly…
and stitching detail – in grey, not in white – down the leg. I am really looking forward to seeing the finished suit in a few weeks.
Sign up for The Musgrave Manifesto
- The Place London Men’s
- Croots England. Made in Yorkshire. Seen at Pitti Uomo 91
- Christopher Raeburn for Save The Duck at Pitti Uomo 91
- Z Zegna at Pitti Uomo 91
- Johnstons of Elgin at Pitti Uomo 91
- PS by Paul Smith at Pitti Uomo 91
- Pitti Uomo hits 91 not out