The Westbury oxford from Foster and Son
I do like classic English formal shoes, so I was pleased to add to my collection a pair of Westbury oxfords from Foster & Son at 83 Jermyn Street.
Made in Northamptonshire, this classic punch cap oxford is an updated version of a style that Foster has been selling since the 1960s.
I went for an 81/2 in a F fitting but next time I will try a slightly wider last as I find this just a tad tight after a long day’s wearing. Rest assured I don’t wear the black antique calf with a brown suit, as my photos may suggest. I just happened to be wearing it when I picked up the shoes, which cost £475.
Sign up for The Musgrave Manifesto
- The Place London Men’s
- Croots England. Made in Yorkshire. Seen at Pitti Uomo 91
- Christopher Raeburn for Save The Duck at Pitti Uomo 91
- Z Zegna at Pitti Uomo 91
- Johnstons of Elgin at Pitti Uomo 91
- PS by Paul Smith at Pitti Uomo 91
- Pitti Uomo hits 91 not out