London Collections:Men Nicole Farhi
Once a nice little earner for premium indies, Nicole Farhi lost its appeal some time back and was sold by French Connection to US private equity outfit OpenGate Capital in March 2010.
This was the first men’s collection for Joanna Sykes, formerly of Giorgio Armani, Alberta Ferretti and Freda at Matches. She joined Farhi in July last year having escaped from the wreckage of Aquascutum. Let’s hope she has a happier time with her new berth.
Although the Farhi event kicked off at 9.30am on Tuesday, I was impressed to see Mr T Tempah up and about, giving a good impression of a professional buyer as he wielded his camera.
Sign up for The Musgrave Manifesto
- The Place London Men’s
- Croots England. Made in Yorkshire. Seen at Pitti Uomo 91
- Christopher Raeburn for Save The Duck at Pitti Uomo 91
- Z Zegna at Pitti Uomo 91
- Johnstons of Elgin at Pitti Uomo 91
- PS by Paul Smith at Pitti Uomo 91
- Pitti Uomo hits 91 not out