London Collections Men: Oliver Spencer
Oliver Spencer offered a collection that he said was inspired by the 1980s American neo-expressionist artist Jean-Michel Basquiat and London’s various sub-cultures. Afterwards I learned that it had been styled by my old pal, William Gilchrist, which explains why I liked it so much. The Old Sorting Office at the Holborn end of New Oxford Street made a good venue. The diamond-shaped catwalk worked well.
It’s good to remember that a lot of Oli’s clothes are still made in the UK.
Sign up for The Musgrave Manifesto
- The Place London Men’s
- Croots England. Made in Yorkshire. Seen at Pitti Uomo 91
- Christopher Raeburn for Save The Duck at Pitti Uomo 91
- Z Zegna at Pitti Uomo 91
- Johnstons of Elgin at Pitti Uomo 91
- PS by Paul Smith at Pitti Uomo 91
- Pitti Uomo hits 91 not out