Fashion: The Whole Story
Thames & Hudson has just published a handsome 576-page volume entitled Fashion: The Whole Story. The ambitious work is a series of short pieces on the history of womenswear and menswear (with a strong bias to the former) from Greco-Roman times.
I contributed a chapter on English tailoring in the late 19th century,
My wife Jane Eastoe is also a contributor to this fine book, writing about daytime decorum of the 1950s, the fashion valkyries of the 1980s and second-skin dressing.
Sign up for The Musgrave Manifesto
- The Place London Men’s
- Croots England. Made in Yorkshire. Seen at Pitti Uomo 91
- Christopher Raeburn for Save The Duck at Pitti Uomo 91
- Z Zegna at Pitti Uomo 91
- Johnstons of Elgin at Pitti Uomo 91
- PS by Paul Smith at Pitti Uomo 91
- Pitti Uomo hits 91 not out