Begg & Co in The Rake
The 26th edition of that handsome menswear publication, The Rake, has arrived from Singapore. It contains my feature on Alex Begg, the fine Scottish manufacturer of scarves, stoles, wraps and more besides, which has re-launched its own brand as Begg & Co. The goodies will be in the shops this autumn and having sampled a few, I can attest to their considerable desirability.
My friends in Ayr tell me that new machinery will soon by added to the Begg mill, so another trip to the west coast of Scotland may be in order. A visit to the Begg factory shop will also be involved with the usual damaging effects to my wallet. I can resist everything but the temptation of gorgeous Made-in-the-UK products.
Sign up for The Musgrave Manifesto
- The Place London Men’s
- Croots England. Made in Yorkshire. Seen at Pitti Uomo 91
- Christopher Raeburn for Save The Duck at Pitti Uomo 91
- Z Zegna at Pitti Uomo 91
- Johnstons of Elgin at Pitti Uomo 91
- PS by Paul Smith at Pitti Uomo 91
- Pitti Uomo hits 91 not out