Art attack in Perspex: That’s Grouse!
Art private views are not often on my agenda, so I was intrigued to be invited to see a new exhibition by Australian artist Linton Meagher. The work included in “That’s Grouse!: The British Show” includes intriguing images of game birds formed of shotgun cartridges, pellets, resin and Perspex. That’s Grouse, I am reliably informed by the catalogue notes, is an Australian colloquial expression that refers to something being really great or fantastic.
The show was at Gallery 8, 8 Duke Street, St James’s, London SW1Y 6BN and was organised by Linton Meagher’s agent Jonny White of Comodaa (www.comodaa.com)
Sign up for The Musgrave Manifesto
- The Place London Men’s
- Croots England. Made in Yorkshire. Seen at Pitti Uomo 91
- Christopher Raeburn for Save The Duck at Pitti Uomo 91
- Z Zegna at Pitti Uomo 91
- Johnstons of Elgin at Pitti Uomo 91
- PS by Paul Smith at Pitti Uomo 91
- Pitti Uomo hits 91 not out